1. I just love to see Ellen back to Oscars. She is one of the few comedians in English speaking countries whose humour really resonates mine, including her obsessions in selfies, SNS, pizzas and delightful graciousness to others. She would be remain as my favourite Oscars host, no matter what.
2. It is still strange to see the ‘racial’ issues so hot around the Oscars. I don’t get why people make so much fuzz about the race of Steve McQueen, the director of the Best Picture winner, ’12 Years a Slave.’ What matters about Steve other than the fact he directed the Oscar winning film? What makes ‘race’ just an important criterion on the movie awards? …Yeah, it’s America, I almost forgot.
3. I’m glad to see American Hustle empty-handed. Not worth the fuzz, was the thought I had when I saw it. ;(
Here’s the mini-awards:
– Disappointing: Idina Menzel, Triumphant: Pharrell Williams.
– Best speech: Jared Leto “…this is for the 36 million people who have lost the battle to AIDS and to those of you out there who have ever felt injustice because of who you are and who you love, tonight I stand here in front of the world with you and for you. Thank you so much and good night.”
– Best filial love: Jared Leto who gives his piece of pizza to his mom.
– Best cameo: Edgar, owner and delivery man of Big Mama’s and Papa’s Pizza
– Best joy: Steve McQueen